- What is an Electric Fireplace Insert and How Does it Work?
- How to Choose the Right Electric Fireplace Insert for Your Home
- Where to Buy Electric Fireplace Inserts
- Step-by-Step Guide for Installing an Electric Fireplace Insert
- FAQ’s about Owning an Electric Fireplace Insert
- Top 5 Facts to Consider When Purchasing an Electric Fireplace Insert
What is an Electric Fireplace Insert and How Does it Work?
An electric fireplace insert is a product designed to recreate the look and feel of a real hearth in one’s own home. This type of piece has become increasingly popular over the years as more and more people look to save money on their energy costs while still providing an aesthetically-pleasing atmosphere. Essentially, this device is an energy-saving alternative to traditional wood-burning fireplaces that operates through electrical current rather than natural gas or another combustible material.
The design of an electric fireplace insert typically includes an interior liner, faux logs made with ceramic fiber or refractory bricks, and metal body construction which can either be contoured for steamlined looks or molded for a realistic brick appearance. The exterior shell often resembles a standard mantelpiece that may include bookledges, attractive moldings, stained wood trim work, and decorative accents such as metalwork sconces or marble tile. However, the underlying attraction of these products lies in their functional capability to provide warmth without the use of dangerous fumes or expensive operating costs – all you need is access to an electricity outlet!
Electric fireplaces have been engineered in such a way using specially developed components that allow them to efficiently generate heat from within the unit itself. While traditional models require vented exterior piping systems in order to vent smoke out of the house when burning fuel, electric versions eliminate any need for complicated installation requirements and hazardous combustion particles by heating air within their internal casing already present room temperature air upon reaching desired temperatures.
These fireplaces operate by heating coils contained within their constructions which are connected up through wiring directly into power outlets at home. Once plugged in and switched on then user can set desired temperature level with corresponding thermostat letting them enjoy not only flickering flames but also controllable warmth – so long as they actually place it somewhere near appropriate power source! As such many customers opt install these devices inside existing existing masonry features like chimneys (when access available) too adding
How to Choose the Right Electric Fireplace Insert for Your Home
When it comes to home heating, electric fireplaces bring an added level of comfort and sophistication that’s hard to replicate with any other heat source. Electric fireplace inserts are increasingly becoming popular as a convenient way to warm the home, so how do you choose the right one for your space? Here are some considerations when selecting an electric fireplace insert for your home:
1. Fuel Source: Determine whether your electric fireplace insert will be powered by gas or electricity. If you don’t have gas hookups in your home but still want the convenience of a fireplace, then an electric insert is the way to go.
2. Installation Type: Electric inserts are available in both wall mounted and freestanding varieties. A wall mounted model can add a modern touch to your room but is generally more difficult (and costly) to install than a freestanding option. Consider which type best meets your needs in terms of both installation ease and visual appeal before making a purchase decision.
3. Heating Capacity: Different models offer different levels of heat output and coverage area—you’ll want to make sure you find one that provides ample warmth for your space without overworking itself (or blow out expensive electric bill). Measurement matters here; make sure you check specs like wattage, BTUs (British Thermal Units) per hour, and coverage area before choosing an insert for your home’s unique dimensions. Higher quality inserts not only provide reliable performance, but also feature more technologically advanced features like adjustable temperature settings and timed shutoff functions that can save money on energy bills in the long run.
4. Design: There’s no shortage of style options when it comes to electric fireplaces; from traditional stonework designs all the way up to contemporary glass displays—the choice is yours! Think about what look works best with the rest of your space and get creative with shaping fire pits or wall-mounted display pieces as well as additional accents like brick
Where to Buy Electric Fireplace Inserts
Electric Fireplace Inserts provide a convenient and aesthetically-pleasing way to add heat to your home without the mess or inconvenience of a traditional fireplace. Whether you’re looking for supplemental warmth in a single room – such as a living room or bedroom – or seeking an eco-friendly way to stay warm from season to season, there are plenty of options when it comes to selecting an Electric Fireplace Insert.
Before making your purchase, however, there are some considerations which should be taken into account. The most popular types of electric fireplace inserts range from traditional logs and stones to infrared quartz and wall-mounted fireplaces. Knowing what type of insert will best suit your needs is essential not only for aesthetic purposes but also regarding energy efficiency.
In terms of where to buy an electric fireplace insert, the answer depends largely on exactly what type you’re after and which features fit your specific preferences. Local retailers typically have access to various sizes, shapes, colors and designs at competitive prices so it may be worth visiting these stores in person before deciding on which model is right for you. More unique rows can sometimes be found online through specialty websites or by purchasing directly from the manufacturer itself; this option may take more time than visiting a local store but it could ultimately produce better results depending on the particular product sought after.
When shopping for Electric Fireplace Inserts, flexibility in regards to how much space needs heating as well as how hot you’d like the area should remain key determining factors in deciding which version suits best for installation within your own home. Factors like wattage output and BTU’s (British Thermal Units) will depend both on budget restrictions as well as whether targeted spaces need greater periods of heat while also considering any local utility company regulations regarding emissions output.
At the end of the day, if used correctly with mindful attention paid towards energy consumption levels, Electric Fireplace Inserts will save money over their traditional counterparts yet still offer that cozy comfort without
Step-by-Step Guide for Installing an Electric Fireplace Insert
A Step-by-Step Guide for Installing an Electric Fireplace Insert
If you’ve always wanted to enjoy the warmth and ambiance of a fire in your home, but don’t want all of the soot, smoke, and extra maintenance that comes with a traditional wood burning fireplace, electric fireplace inserts offer an easy solution. By following this simple step-by-step guide to installing your new electric fireplace insert, you can have your own personal roaring fire in no time.
Step 1: Choose Your Location
While electric fireplaces can typically fit in virtually any room of your house (barring very humid or wet rooms), you do need to pick a location where it will fit securely against a wall out of the way of foot traffic and furniture arrangement. Keep in mind – depending on the size and setup of the model you choose – they need up to six inches of space from walls or other objects on all sides.
Step 2: Gather Tools & Supplies Having the proper tools and supplies ready for installation is essential for success. Typically, most kits come with their own mounting hardware — however, at minimum it doesn’t hurt to have an adjustable wrench or pliers and mounting screws before beginning assembly on any given model. It doesn’t hurt either to drop a few bucks ahead of time at your local home improvement store for anchor bolts if needed (depending also on what kind of wall surface you are mounting onto as well).
Step 3: Assemble & Prepare Insert This is usually nothing more than making sure that all plugs are safely plugged into each unit, timers are set correctly (if available) test runs should be done by simply pushing power buttons accordingly — For those two pieces inserts, these should easily slide together if pulled apart prior. Now would be a good chance for last minute modifications such as painting sides or engaging artificial logs/rocks combinations in accordance with instructions provided should that
FAQ’s about Owning an Electric Fireplace Insert
Can I use an electric fireplace insert with my existing wood, gas or pellet insert?
Yes, you can. Depending on the type of existing insert you have and your particular electrical wiring setup, you may need to purchase additional parts for installation. It is important to ensure that your wiring system is compatible with the electric insert before attempting installation yourself. A certified qualified technician should always be consulted if any doubt exists.
Do electric fireplace inserts require venting?
No. Electric inserts do not require any venting as they produce no gases or combustion by-products during operation, making them a safe and convenient alternative to traditional fireplace inserts. As such, they are a perfect choice for closed off rooms in places where ventilation would be difficult or time consuming to install.
What kind of fuel does an electric fireplace insert use?
Electric fireplace inserts run on electricity, usually using just two standard 120-volt household outlets that must be grounded properly for safety purposes. They generally will not draw too much power or strain your main electrical circuit unless multiple electric appliances are being used simultaneously in the same area as the insert; it is best to consult with an expert first before attempting any installation yourself.
How long does it take for an electric fireplace insert to warm up a room?
The amount of time it takes for an electric fireplace insert to heat up a room depends on numerous variables such as room size, insulation levels and temperature preference. Generally speaking however, most models will start warming up a room within 5-10 minutes after turn-on and should reach the desired temperature within 15-20 minutes thereafter.
Top 5 Facts to Consider When Purchasing an Electric Fireplace Insert
1. Heat Output: It is important to consider the heat output when selecting an electric fireplace insert. Most inserts produce between 4,400 and 7,000 BTUs per hour of heat, with larger models capable of providing even more warmth. To calculate how much heat you need to be comfortable in a certain space, use this simple formula: (Square footage x 25) divided by 1000 = (heat output required). This will give you a good estimate of how many BTUs per hour you should look for in an electric fireplace insert.
2. Fuel Efficiency: Electric fireplaces are relatively fuel efficient compared to wood-burning models or gas inserts, but some perform better than others. Pay attention to the energy efficiency rating on each model you’re considering because it will tell you how much electricity it uses and how much it costs to run each hour. Look for inserts that have an Energy Star rating for optimal efficiency!
3. Safety: When purchasing an electric fireplace insert, safety is always a priority – especially if children or pets may be in the home. Check that the product has been tested and certified by UL or another relevant safety organization before making your purchase; doing so will ensure that all fire prevention protocols are met and that you’re buying a high-quality, trustworthy product!
4. Design/Style: Aside from its primary function as a heating source, an electric fireplace insert can also add style and ambiance to your space – so don’t forget to select one with aesthetics in mind! Choose from various sizes and finishes depending on your desired style, whether traditional or modern; there are even sleek LED options available today for those looking for something unique!
5. Installation Ease: Depending on the type of fireplace being replaced and where it’s located in your home, installing an electric fireplace insert can range from easy peasy (do-it-yourself) to complicated (hiring a professional). Many manufacturers provide detailed installation guides along with their products