Welcome to our comprehensive Dimplex Compact Electric Stove Review CS33116A.
Spoiler Alert: We really like this decorative compact fireplace stove for several reasons which will soon be revealed. We love the classic styling and great realistic flame effects. It is a good value at a modest price point.
NOTE: If you have arrived on our site and have decided to buy the Dimplex compact electric stove then we recommend clicking through to discover the lowest price and the daily discount. You will get very fast delivery and it’s often free .
The CS33116A Compact Electric Stove is a classic form compact electric stove. It features a black matte finish, and the door opens and closes. Other design features include an arched Gothic door with metallic highlights.It is made of a lightweight metal easy to lift and carry.
It is made by Dimplex North America Limited. They are considered as one the best and most diverse manufacturers of electric heating devices. They make high-quality products at affordable prices and the CS33116A Compact Electric Stove is no different.
The electric stove comes with patented Dimplex 3D flame technology which is considered as the best in the industry for its realistic feel. In addition to state-of-the-art flame technology, the aesthetically handcrafted logs and can make it a central piece in your room. The log sets are made individually by hand and no two are alike.
Pretty much across the board everyone really like the flame effect features. Aside from the aesthetically pleasing exterior, the most universally liked aspect of this electric stove is the flame effects. So, if you looking to create a cozy mood or generate some soothing ambience this Dimplex electric fireplace will do the trick.
Hear what some owners said about the flame effects:
- The “flames” and “glowing embers” are very realistic. I love the ambiance!
- I think the ‘flame’ looks quite realistic.
- The flames are beautiful and fun to watch.
- Over all the unit does a great job of producing the soothing comfort & beauty of the fire-fee,l
- Surprisingly, it really does look like real flames! Amazing,
I believe it is very important that everyone purchasing an electric fireplace heater be aware of the limitations of these units. With very rare exceptions and this electric fireplace heater is no exception, an electric fireplace heater is best thought of as a supplemental heat source. Or part of a comprehensive zone heating plan. Quite simply they will not heat your whole house
The fan forces hot air out of the heater and distributed from a vent on the bottom of the unit which is quite close to the floor. It is a one speed blower but by all accounts it is amazingly quiet It is a self-contained unit so there are no venting or hook up requirements for exhaust.
Thermostat control also allows adjusting the heat accordingly with ease to the liking of the user. However, the thermostat is not digital. There is a round control knob on the rear of the unit that you twist higher low, you’re pretty much guessing at the temperature needed. It is not correlated with a visual thermostat that can be set for a particular temperature. All you can do it turn it a little bit up or down, wait awhile.
For those who want to lower their energy costs or are using a zone house heating plan, the CS33116A is an efficient solution by allowing users to heat only the specific room while turning down the central thermostat. One owner moves it from living room while watching TV to the bedroom when it’s time to sleep and turns the thermostat down
So how much house will it heat? It is advertised as efficiently heating a room up to 400 sq. feet and even that might be stretching it. If you have a closed room such as a bedroom it will heat it pretty well. If it is placed in an open concept living room with flow through kitchen or dining room the heat effects will be minimal. If you are looking primarily for a heater, you may be better served by an infrared space heater. Of course they will not be as cozy and are no fun to look at and cuddle in front of with that special someone.
Here’s what a couple customers said about the heating capability of the unit:
- It typically heats up our room 10 degrees or so in about 20 minutes in our 450 sq. ft. bedroom.
- Takes the chill off the room, can set our thermostat lower…
- Heat is adequate for a small room or just to sit in front of…
Complete Reviews of 2 Other Dimplex Electric Stoves:
Want more choices? Click on the text link to be taken directly to the review. Click on the image for lowest current discounted price and more images.
- Dimplex Celeste Portable Electric Stove Review – Model TDS8515TB
- Dimplex Portable Electric Stove. (most economical)
Update: We have just completed a Dimplex fireplace stove shoot out. Click: Comparison Review of the Top 3 Dimplex Portable Fireplace Stoves. See how this model stacks up to the other two.
Flame operates with or without heat and comes with a remote control, however it is only an on/off switch.
The remote just turns the whole thing on and off. It does have a very long range though, more than enough for any room in a house.
This Dimplex compact electric fireplace stove comes with tempered front glass is cool to the touch at all times. It is relatively safe for pets and children. The heat that is admitted is from the blower from the bottom of the unit. The intensity of the heat is like holding your hand in front of a blow dryer. A child would not hold it there long enough to get burned. There is only a couple inches of clearance. It is unlikely a pet can get under it.
It can be used on a standard circuit and household electric plug. It draws power close to the limit though. It is recommended not to have other appliances on the same plug or it could blow your circuit breaker.
- Do not operate any unit with a damaged cord or plug
- Do not use outdoors.
- The electric heater is not intended for use in bathrooms, laundry areas and similar indoor locations. Never locate heater where it may fall into a bathtub or other water container.
- Do not run the cord under carpeting, furniture, or appliances. Do not cover cord with throw rugs, runners, or the like. Arrange cord away from high traffic areas, where it will not be tripped over.
- Always plug heaters directly into a wall outlet/ receptacle. Never use with an extension cord or re-locatable power tap (outlet/ power strip).
The firebox is UL approved, for use in Canada and the United States, which means it meets industry standard safety regulations and guidelines. For more information see electric fireplace safety tips.
The setup of this fireplace stove could not be easier. The Dimplex CS3311 is delivered completely assembled all you have to do is plug it in and place it where you want it. The plug is a tad short at about 4 feet. Manufacturers never recommend using extension cords but… wink wink… if you must use one make sure you get a heavy duty cord rated for 15 A and 5000 W.
These are also cool because if you move you simply take it with you. Just unplug it and plug it back in in the new location.
Cost Of Operation
Dimplex claims it only costs 9 cents an hour with heat and flame while only 1 cent an hour if only the flame is operating. Your costs may be higher depending on the the local cost of energy. In some ares the cost is double or triple others.
The cost of operation is very comparable to other fireplaces in the same class. There is a big difference in cost between operating the fireplace with the flame and heat together and just the flame effect alone.
- Flame Effect = About 1¢ per hr
- 5115 BTU’s = 14.7¢ per hr (that’s our energy average)
What does that mean? If you use your unit in high heat mode for 2 hours a day for a month it will bump up your electric bill by about $8.80 per month. In flame effect only mode, same conditions your bill would go up by $.60.
For a very detailed look at calculating the cost in your state and for more details on efficiency, Click this link: Electric Fireplace Cost of Operation and Efficiency
- Overall Height – Top to Bottom: 23.1 inches
- Overall Width – Side to Side: 20 inches
- Overall Depth – Front to Back: 11.3 inches
- Overall Product Weight: 37 lbs
- Volts: 120
- Amps: 13
- Watts: 1500
- BTUs: 5115
There are 3 accessories you may want to consider, the first for added functionality, the second for added aesthetics and pleasure.
1. Consider Electrical Socket Protection. Safer Socket has five tiny thermostats strategically placed inside the unit monitor the temperature of the plug to make sure it is operating at a safe temperature. Should there be a rise in plug temperature which could lead to an electrical fire, Safer Socket will automatically shut off the device. Click on Image below for Safer Socket.
2. Add Fire Crackle Sound. The sound effect of fire crackling is only available on very high end fireplaces, but we have you covered. For about $30 you can add this sound machine, The box is about 2 1/2 ” x 3″ and can attach to the fireplace out of sight. Click on Image below for Fire Crackler Sound System.
3. Wire Covers. Wires and cables dangling from your electric fireplace can really detract from the effect? This Cord Cover Kit makes it a snap to hide wires. It’s very easy to install and can be painted to blend seamlessly into any wall.
There are 3 accessories that will enhance your enjoyment of your fireplace; one will provide provide crackling fire sounds, another provides a low tech solution to hide the cord, and lastly and easy way to add program-ability to your fireplace.
Pros and Cons
I believe the pros far outweigh the cons, but here are the high and low notes:
- Outstanding flame effects, very realistic
- Good value for price.
- Classic design – can be a mini focal point in a cozy room.
- Dimplex is a great manufacturer, 90-day warranty on parts.
The flame effects are universally loved. In general, most users are happy with its outward styling and appearance, the 3D fire effect and glowing logs that contribute to the soothing effect in the room.
Even when the piece looks solid and nice with metal top/sides and handcrafted wooden legs, it is surprisingly light in weight.The compact size and light weight also make it easy to place anywhere in the room or house which is another advantage commonly discussed by the customers. It is also easy to move around.
According to one customer, they have used the stove for more than a year with almost daily use without facing any heating issue. Many others also have similar views about the effectiveness as most claim it heats the room in no time.
The lack of fan noise is another commonly praised feature. In many reviews, users compared it with other commonly used heaters and rated it as the most effective when it comes to noise level. In addition to its look, heating capacity, 3D flames effect, low noise and light weight, the most praised feature is the value it offers to customers for the price.
Most customers claimed that it is difficult to find the similar quality stove for the price offered. CLICK HERE to check out the current prices at Amazon with an additional 5% discount deal. All in all, the CS33116A stove meets all the requirements of a fine quality product that is expected from Dimplex products. It is simple to operate with a remote control and an easy to adjust the thermostat.
- Heater is merely adequate – see heating section above.
- Low price point means lack of some advanced features.
- Remote is simply on off switch. Heat control is awkward.
- Though flame effects are outstanding, there is lack of adjust-ability found on more expensive units.
Even though bulk of the user reviews on Amazon and other online stores are positive, there are few customers who are not satisfied with the product. A couple of customers complained that the heater stopped heating after some time but one customer also claimed that the company support was quick to send him replacement heater. Despite the fact that some customers reported problems with heater and its durability, most of the customers are happy with the functionality of heater.
It looks like the most common issue raised by the customers is its durability but complaining users also acknowledge that it was good while it was working and the company was also quick to resolve the problem by offering replacement products if the complaint is within a warranty period which is 1 year. The small minority of users claimed that the heater worked for only a year or two for them.
Few other users complained about the overheating issue. In one reported case, the plug melted when the heater was left running for 4 hours. Even though, not a common issue but there are a couple of users who claimed that the overheating problem restricted them to use it for an hour only.
Another complaint was about the remote control as it only allows users to turn the stove on or off with no options to control the thermostat. Some users also wanted to turn the heating without the flame effect but apparently, there is no such option.
All in all, even when the negative comments are almost only 15% of the overall feedback, the most common problem reported was heater durability and overheating problem.
When hundreds of customers are in love with the CS33116A Compact Electric Stove, we will join the ranks and recommend this product to potential buyers also.
CS33116A is widely recognized as an excellent electric fireplace stove when it comes to user feedback. On Amazon alone, almost 80% of the users rated it as 4 or 5-star product. The reviews are also available in hundreds which also reflects that it is very popular among customers.
Most customers claimed that they are using the stove for years without any issue which makes it a durable option. The price is affordable, the design and outward appearance are attractive and the 3D flame effect is absolutely astonishing as it looks so natural. It ticks the boxes on most everything a buyer may look for.
We hope you enjoyed our Dimplex Compact Electric Stove Review CS33116A. Click on image below for current discounted price.
These Electric Fireplace Stoves Are Also Popular:
- Outstanding flame effects, very realistic
- Classic design - can be a mini focal point.
- Dimplex is a great manufacturer.
- Good value for price.
- Heater is merely adequate.
- Lack of some advanced features.
- Limited remote-awkward heat controls.