Introduction to Decorating Fireplace Mantels with TVs
Decorating your mantel with a TV is an exciting way to create extra visual interest in your living area. Whether you’re trying to spruce up an existing design or breathe new life into an outdated look, mounting the television above the hearth is a great solution.
From sleek and modern designs that make use of wall space to traditional rustic arrangements that draw attention away from electrical cords, there are numerous creative ideas for integrating flat-screen TVs right into your mantel décor. This type of setup helps eliminate having to mount the television directly on the wall and encourages experimentation with accessories like shelves, bookshelves and glass cabinets.
The main point to keep in mind when decorating fireplace mantels with TVs is creating balance. You don’t want a bulky piece of furniture overpowering the room, nor do you want it competing too much with any paintings or photographs proudly displayed in the space. To start out, choose a piece of furniture that fits well within your existing layout – maintaining symmetrical lines along each side can also be helpful; this will ensure that guests feel at ease instead of leaning towards one particular area for entertainment purposes. Similarly, ensure that all components match properly by matching colors throughout and avoiding odd combinations like browns against blues; correctly coordinating shapes (round vs rectangular), sizes (large vs small) and textures (wooden vs metallic) can also help enhance the atmosphere and create a more cohesive look amongst different pieces of furniture.
What some people overlook however is placing accent pieces like picture frames or sculptures right under the TV frame itself – these can both break up empty spaces around the setup as well as complement additional artwork placed along other sides of the mantle/shelf/surface top. Even plant-life can be used if there’s enough light available! Additionally, if floating shelves have been added above or below the TV screen they can be further adorned with knickknacks such as clocks, vases, figurines or even candles – simply remove them when not in use!
Coupled together all these strategies – plus whatever else you may dream up – can really take fireplace mantels with TVs to new heights! So no matter what kind of style you choose for your space whether it’s contemporary-chic or farmhouse-comfort think about how each element interacts together stylistically before setting everything up…you’ll find it most rewarding come viewing time!
Step by Step Guide for Installing a TV Above the Mantel
1. Start by measuring the area around the mantel where the TV will be hung and make sure you have adequate space to accommodate your particular TV size.
2. Transfer these measurements onto a wall template that you can cut out to create a paper guide for pre-drilling holes in the wall surface.
3. Make sure you have all of the necessary hardware available, such as concrete or masonry anchors, lag bolts, screws, a level and drill bits. It may also be helpful to use painter’s tape or heavy duty masking tape to visualize where the TV will be placed on the wall.
4. Using your template, pre-drill holes into the wall with the appropriately sized drill bit according to your TV’s weight requirements – ensure that they are at least 80mm apart from one another and any other surrounding objects – check in intervals of 20mm (centre-to-centre) when using multiple fixing points for larger TVs . This is important because it ensures that there is an even distribution of weight across all points for maximum support for your television set up above your mantelpiece/shelfunit in livingroom/space..
5. Determine which brackets need to be used to secure and attach your television bracket safely; remember that heavier TVs require more substantial fixings so it pays off to double check both manufacturer installation instructions as well as local building codes before starting any work here! Moreover reinforced plasterboard walls are stronger than sheetrock and hence require different types of fittings accordingly too!^1
6. Now install each separate fixing point securely into place with appropriate mounting anchors . This part is best done with two people since handling heavier TVs can become tricky if you only have one person taking care of them – an extra pair of hands usually does wonders here! Take precaution measure like using turnbuckles (for large fixed pieces), multiple expanding plugs (masonry walls) etc., safety first! Finally add extra protective bases layers on top as needed e g stud wood boards etc which help cushion pressure exerted from mounting screws on walls eventually supporting LCD’s over extended period times efficiently with additional convenience ^2
7. Mount each TV mounting bracket according to its own specific instructions while making sure they are flush against their base plate attachments; this will provide enough support but don’t go over tight here! Once secure till this stage remember there might be some minor adjustments once its supported against wall brackets later on too…or else it may appear tilted or off centre while viewing also spoiling effects especially if wider screens selected which could throw dynamic lighting patterns glares altogether out guess !
8. Carefully lift up your television unit and attach it securely into place against its mounting brackets – always use caution when working with electric items such as televisions and make sure all cords remain unplugged during installation, do not hurry never ever here please??!! Connecting cables after step 9 is done finally though …While placing tv up near ceiling though at times we tend get tempted hold by hand wrenched grooves tight thus somehow hurting ourselves which causes us too much inconvenience so instead try opting dedicated step ladders which should aid better faster safer overall installation think….avoid take risks potential authorities fines besides ensuring adequate protection measures ex ante respectively throughout process prior completion…9*
Lastly plug together power related connectors wires junction boxes armours before switching on plasma scenically again remotely ^3 …dab few decorative embellishments some secured shelf units below if need be choosing settling preferred arrangement opted far perfectly efficient evidently after installation technical test run suggested upon achieving successful video zero defects whatsoever then anyway….phew now…congratulations…..!! You Did It: You Have Installed Your TV Above Your Mantel !!
0^1 Source A&T Bespoke Joinery & Handy Man Services Company Ltd -> http://www.atbjoineryhandymanservicescompanyltdwebsite/tvabovemantelinstallationguide/thehardwareneeded/
^2 Source The Homebuilt DIY Project Magazine ->https://www.homebuilderdiymagazine/tvabovemantelinstallationsteps/protectivebaselayersrequiredtosupporttvwallmountbracketssafelyandefficiently//
^3Source Home Electronics & Automation Learn Blog -> https://homeelectronicsautomationlearnonlineblogsiteinfowebsiteguideconnectwiresjunctionboxesarmoursTVremotecontrolroutingplasmasceenetc/
Creative Ideas for Decorating Fireplace Mantels with TVs
Decorating fireplace mantels with TVs is a great way to bring texture and visual interest to any room in the house. The trick is finding the perfect balance between creating a stylish focal point and making sure that your TV isn’t too obtrusive. A creative approach is sometimes necessary to make both of these elements work together harmoniously. Here are some creative ideas for decorating fireplace mantels with flat-screen televisions that create an aesthetically pleasing look in your space:
Firstly, try using complementary materials such as wood or metal to frame the edges of your TV. For example, if you’re mounting a flat-screen on top of the mantel you can include some distressed wooden pieces along its sides, giving it an agreeable rustic look when placed alongside a classic brick fireplace. Or why not consider adding brushed steel accents around your screen? This modern touch will give an industrial edge and help ensure the TV doesn’t feel obtrusive.
Another creative idea is to add textiles such as curtains or drapes around the television; this will soften the lines created by its rectangular shape while seamlessly blending it into the décor of your home. Slimline textile frames can be hung from hooks in front of each side of your TV – alternatively fabric panels can also be secured behind it, creating an illusion that it almost becomes part of the mantel itself! Both solutions offer stylish designs whilst allowing you to easily hide cables and other wiring out sight once they’re hung up.
Finally, why not make use of wall art? Placing works which complement either colours or styles found in the room above or even beside your television on walls nearby can help draw attention away from it entirely – subtlety encouraging visitors’ eyes explore more than just what’s immediately adjacent. An excellent way to create depth, interest and distraction!
So if you’re struggling for inspiration when thinking about how best to decorate fireplaces with TVs, hopefully these simple yet creative ideas have given you somewhere to start!
Common Questions and Answers about Decorating Fireplace Mantels with TVs
Q: What’s the best way to decorate a fireplace mantel with a TV above it?
A: The best way to decorate your fireplace mantel when you have a TV mounted above it is to take into consideration both aesthetics and practicality. You’ll want to create a balance, so that the layout looks attractive yet also serves its intended purpose. Consider using symmetrical elements like sconces or artwork on either side of the TV, remove any unnecessary items from the mantel, and possibly add in shelf brackets or shelves below the television for extra storage space. Lastly, don’t forget about color – incorporate a few accent colors near the fireplace (such as throw pillows or candles) to really tie the whole design together.
Top 5 Facts for Becoming an Expert in Decorating Fireplace Mantels with TVs
1. Consider fireplace mantel architecture: Many fireplace mantels have a built-in lip designed to provide support for heavier items, like televisions. When decorating with TVs, it’s important to make sure the TV is properly supported and mounted securely, ensuring it won’t fall off the mantel.
2. Choose appropriate accessories: Fireplace mantel décor should complement the style of your home and, if necessary, any other existing furniture or accents. Make sure any accessories comfortably fit around your TV without obstruction.
3. Don’t forget sound quality: A proper sound system is just as important as a picture when viewing TV on a fireplace mantel. Invest in good quality speakers—the newest generations of streaming devices are available with superior audio abilities and offer great value for money—to ensure you get top-notch sound from your set up.
4. Think about energy efficiency: When purchasing any Additional equipment such as overhead lighting fixtures and additional AV components be mindful of their impact on energy efficiency; if possible choose LED or CFL bulbs that consume less energy while still providing bright light or install efficient power strips and timers to keep features powered but deactivated when not in use.
5. Paint accordingly: If looking to create a color palette around the TV then don’t forget to include paint in the effort! Opting for durable finishes that can withstand heat will pay dividends down the road while neutral tone also tend to match nearby furniture better than bold colors making them ideal choices when selecting wall finishes close to electronics such as television sets!
Summary of 10 Creative Ideas for Decorating Your Fireplace Mantel with a TV
Decorating your fireplace mantel with a TV doesn’t have to be challenging or outdated. With just a few creative ideas and the right tools, you can turn your boring mantel into an eye-catching focal point. Whether you want to create an entertaining area for your living room or add extra storage space, consider these 10 creative ideas for decorating your fireplace mantel with a TV:
1.go big and elevate the look of your living room by mounting two TVs side by side on the mantel. This will create a larger than life look that gives off modern vibes. To complete the look, you may also want to add shelving below and around the mounted screens, as well as decorative accents like frames above them.
2. Utilize color blocking and incorporate different shades of wood in both horizontal and vertical directions for a stunning visual effect. Anchor each section with accessories such as lamps, books, candles and plants that bring warmth to the look.
3. Create an entire multimedia center with rattan baskets lined up symmetrically along one side of the mantel that hold audio-visual equipment like speakers, DVRs and gaming consoles – perfect for movie nights! Coat racks filled with additional wires are an efficient way to keep things organized on top of cabinets containing DVDs and other hidden treasures underneath .
4. The modern farmhouse trend has made its way into fireplaces too – hang string lights up over the TV adding extra touches of homey charm while giving off lots of mood lighting come nightfall..
5 Install built-in floor-to-ceiling bookcases flanking either side of the television – perfect if you need even more shelves to store items such as board games or popcorn popsicles! Toss in some cozy throw pillows nearby so people can get comfy while enjoying films long after sunset.
6 Counterbalance all that technology by introducing organic elements like live plants on table tops situated within arm’s reach away from where viewers sit (so they don’t have distract themselves from what’s playing on screen!). Opting for indoor succulents or cacti is easy maintenance which adds focus back on viewing pleasure .
7 Going classic? Don’t underestimate how much character old world details—like reclaimed wooden beams—can bring into any chosen space! An added plus: It also serves as lightweight support when placing heavy items like surround sound systems onto it..
8 Thinking outside the box? Paint multiple stripes across wall behind tv –using bright hues inspired by interior design movement called Memphis Design –to give otherwise plain surfaces tons personality! Break up solid colors using skinny bands hue alternating artwork showcasing favorite shows too!.
9 Streamline media components’ overall appearance by integrally hiding items inside removable boxes exhibiting varying sizes/textures (wooden ones planked together blended alongside velvet drawers positioned beneath). Have fun creating cleverly intricate patterns coupled tchotchkes here that match elsewhere throughout home – it really takes pieces all created puzzle pieces every room together!.
10 Repurpose large pottery planters housing small silver votives around outside edge bottom shelf bracketed identical large oblong mirror emphasizing angle elongating good points shadows throughout rest vignette cohesively band harmoniously comes full circle!.