Electric Fireplace Accessories
Although all electric fireplaces are pretty much complete, you might want to add some electric fireplace accessories.There are some accessories you may want to consider, some for added functionality and safety, the second for added aesthetics and pleasure.
1. Consider Electrical Socket Protection. Safer Socket has five tiny thermostats strategically placed inside the unit monitor the temperature of the plug to make sure it is operating at a safe temperature. Should there be a rise in plug temperature which could lead to an electrical fire, Safer Socket will automatically shut off the device. Click on Image below for Safer Socket.
2. Add Fire Crackle Sound. The sound effect of fire crackling is only available on very high end fireplaces, but we have you covered. For about $30 you can add this sound machine, The box is about 2 1/2 ” x 3″ and can attach to the fireplace out of sight. Click on Image below for Fire Crackler Sound System.
3. Wire Covers. Wires and cables dangling from your electric fireplace can really detract from the effect? These Cord Cover Kits makes it a snap to hide wires. It’s very easy to install and can be painted (make sure they are) to blend seamlessly into any wall.
4. Trim Kits – Surrounds For Better Fit. SThese trim kits can fill any unsightly gaps between the actual fireplace and the insert. They come in many sizes and are designed to fit many makes. We suggest you contact the manufacturer to make sure you are getting the right electric fireplace trim kit. Here are some representative samples.
Dimplex DFI23TRIMX Expandable Trim Kit for Electric Fireplace InsertClassicFlame BBKIT-26 26″ Flush Mount Frame For Wall Mount FireplaceGreatCo Gallery Zero-Clearance Electric Fireplace Surround Only, 36-Inch
5. Change The Media. Some wall mount electric fireplaces allow you to switch out a log set for colored stone or glass. Don’t be afraid to experiment – changing the media can give your electric fireplace a whole new look. We suggest going to a hobby store for colored glass or stones. From the manufacturer it is more expensive. Search Google for ‘media stones glass for electric fireplace’.
Just Released: Cozy By The Fire Electric Fireplace Ultimate Buying Guide
We had a lot of fun putting together our annual buying guide. Check it out. There are lots of images, recommendations and guidance packed into one fun to read post. Click Link Below:
We would love to have you share your comments with us and our readers.
Please leave a comment.
The form is way down at the end of this post.