Welcome to our comparison post of 5 beautiful faux stone electric fireplaces, home decor focal points.
We decided to take a look at stone look electric fireplaces for two reasons.
Firstly, they are designed to be room focal points. They come in a wide variety of looks from rustic stone electric fireplaces, electric fireplace stacked stone, which are very traditional, to electric fireplaces with multicolor stone façades.
There are different looks available to enhance, or be the center point, of any room or home decor.
Secondly, there was almost universal agreement among buyers that these faux stone electric fireplaces looked incredibly real.
In fact, we ran across numerous comments that said people had to get right up to it and touch it or not it with their knuckles to be sure it was not really stone.
We selected five stone electric fireplaces with mantels to take a close look at. We hope you enjoy our comparison in our selection.
Down at the end of the post are even more electric fireplaces with the stone look see get a sense of different styles available.
We have done complete reviews on the first three stone electric fireplaces listed, just click the link to view them. The last two electric fireplaces are more styles by Southern Enterprises, whose fireplaces we have often reviewed.
We always are comfortable recommending Southern Enterprise, SEI, electric fireplace furniture.
Dimplex Fielstone With Pine Mantel SMP-904-ST
Elkmont FA9282E By Southern Enterprises
Timothy AMZ4269IF By Southern Enterprises
Electric Fireplace With Stacked Stone
1. By Dimplex
We really like this beautiful, classic, decorative fireplace which is manufactured by Dimplex Inc. They are one of the largest companies and have superb electric fireplace technology. Before you ask, yes the ‘stones’ are very realistic looking. We really like the firebox which is quite nice. If you like the classic look, and it fits your personal style and decor – you can’t go wrong.
Of those that provided a review for the Dimplex SMP 904 Fieldstone fireplace, 81% awarded the product a 5 out of 5 star rating and a further 10% awarded it 4 out of 5 stars. This is outstanding buyer satisfaction. The combined total is an impressive 91%. This fireplace was also featured on HGTV, it’s that good.
This is a well built fireplace with a traditional rustic look that will be a talking point in your home or office. It is a lot sturdier than other fireplaces and justifies the higher price tag. The flame effects are good and the heater efficient. We would strongly recommend the purchase of this fireplace.
Multi-Colored Tile Facade Electric Fireplace
2. Elkmont By Southern Enterprises
We really like this decorative fireplace which is manufactured by Southern Enterprise Inc; a large furniture manufacturer. It is very stylish and there is great attention to detail on the cabinet. We really like the firebox which is quite nice and, in fact, has become a standard and is used in a number of their models. If you like the fashionable look, this may be the one for you.
Of the entire customer reviews submitted, 84% of the customers felt that the fireplace warranted a 5 out of 5 star rating. A further 12% gave the unit a 4 out of 5 star rating which is a combined total of 96% and very impressive. It is felt that this overall rating is well deserved. This is incredible customer satisfaction – some of the best we’ve seen.
If you are looking for a classic looking fireplace, which even has age distressing features such as imperfection marks and worm holes, then this unit is a good choice. The slate style and arched patterns is very effective. The Elkmont Electric Fireplace is highly recommended.
Multi-Colored Stone Electric Fireplace
3. Cartwright By Southern Enterprises
This fireplace which is one of the very few stone electric fireplaces that is a convertible corner electric fireplace. The ‘convertible’ refers to the fact there are 2 placement options: flush in a corner or flat against a wall. The corner fit is achieved by a triangular flap in the back that can be raised for corner placement, or left down for flush against the wall placement.
It comes in two finishes, the darker Espresso or the lighter Mission Oak.
It is manufactured by Southern Enterprise Inc; a large furniture manufacturer.There were quite a few reviews from customers for the Calvert Carved Electric Fireplace and 79% of customers gave the product a 5 out of 5 star rating. This indicates exceptional customer satisfaction. A further 13% awarded the product a 4 out of 5 star rating meaning that a very healthy combined score of 92% was recorded.
This is a stylish fireplace that has a lot of good features. The style is traditional but it has a modern feel about it. The realistic 3D flame effects provide a very good ambience. Overall the Calvert Carved Electric Fireplace is a recommended purchase.
Stacked Stone Electric Fireplace Mantel
4. Timothy By Southern Enterprises
Timothy Faux Stone Infrared Electric Fireplace, White By SEI
Other than stylistic differences, a major distinguishing characteristic of this fireplace is that it has quartz infrared heat. It heats larger rooms quicker and more efficiently; warms an area up to 1,000 square feet. If you are not familiar with infrared heat, click on our article electric fireplace infrared heat basics.
It is a white electric fireplace with faux stone in a traditional style with a coastal touch. the stones are authentically textured with a simulated stacked stone surround.
This is another entry by Southern Enterprises who earned their chops primarily as a furniture maker. That’s why their style and quality build is so good.
The flame effects feature 5-Way adjust-ability, flame, heat, lighting, log. It has realistic flames and faux brick interior which gives the fireplace an appearance of more depth. It includes the log set and ember bed; optional down light and a flickering log effect with 5 light settings.
Stacked Stone Electric Fireplace Mantel
5. Canyon Heights By SEI
This is a wide screen version of the stone electric fireplace. It has a traditional look and the wood trim is a Whiskey Maple. The stacked, simulated stone adds a rustic appearance while still staying classy.
The fire is lit by energy efficient LED bulbs, giving you a cost effective way to enjoy a fire without having to chop wood or clean the chimney. The user friendly remote allows you to access up to 4 adjusts to your fireplace, so you continue to enjoy the fireplace, even while sitting on your couch. The flames and logs each have 5-level adjustments with lifelike multi-color flames and burning logs with embers. The glass is always cool to the touch and the Fireplace has automatic shutoff for your family’s safety. Plus, if you want the flame without the heat, simply turn off the heat and enjoy the flames.
3 Best 50 Inch Wall Mount Electric Fireplaces Reviewed
There are 3 accessories you may want to consider, the first for added functionality, the second for added aesthetics and pleasure. The third recommendation, cord covers, are essential for wall mounted fireplaces. Otherwise you may see a dangling wire in the middle of your wall.
1. Consider Electrical Socket Protection. Safer Socket has five tiny thermostats strategically placed inside the unit monitor the temperature of the plug to make sure it is operating at a safe temperature. Should there be a rise in plug temperature which could lead to an electrical fire, Safer Socket will automatically shut off the device. Click on Image below for Safer Socket.
2. Add Fire Crackle Sound. The sound effect of fire crackling is only available on very high end fireplaces, but we have you covered. For about $30 you can add this sound machine, The box is about 2 1/2 ” x 3″ and can attach to the fireplace out of sight. Click on Image below for Fire Crackler Sound System.
3. Wire Covers. Wires and cables dangling from your electric fireplace can really detract from the effect? This Cord Cover Kit makes it a snap to hide wires. It’s very easy to install and can be painted to blend seamlessly into any wall.
More Faux Stone Electric Fireplaces