Welcome to our Classic Flame Wall Mount Fireplace – Elysium 36II100GRG review.
Spoiler Alert: We really like this decorative fireplace for several reasons which will soon be revealed. We love the firebox and Ohhh…that remote. It comes with a stand or can be wall mounted. If you like the fashionable, clean look, this may be the one for you.
NOTE: If you have arrived on our site and have decided to buy the Classic Flame Wall Hanging electric fireplace then we recommend clicking through to on the link below and checking out this product’s lowest price and the daily discount.
This 36” electric fireplace heater is worth a look from anyone considering an electric fireplace. It uses infrared heat and comes with interchangeable media, logs, crystal and stone and a multitude of flame and lighting effects. The Classic Flame 36II100GRG can be utilized by anyone regardless if you are looking for a freestanding or wall mount fireplace: Here’s why:
It can be set up in your choice of one of a total of 4 different ways. It can be wall mounted in 2 ways: hung on the wall with its mounting bracket, or recessed into the wall as a flush mount (this would require special construction). This Classic Flame fireplace also comes with a base stand to enable it to be free standing. And lastly, it can be integrated into a mantel, existing fireplace or furniture surround. Its versatility defies our normal classification categories.
Classic Flame Effects
Are the flame effects realistic or cheesy?
We love the multitude of flame effect options available on this unit. There is a huge variety of lighting options to generate and mood or atmosphere you choose. You can from cozy and romantic to a décor statement or conversation starter.
This electric fireplace has a great variety of flame effect levels and colors There are also ambient lighting effects that radiate from the sides of the unit. If you choose to recess the unit into the wall you would lose the ‘surround’ lighting effect.
The Classic Flame has a patented ‘Spectrafire’ effect which allows the incorporation of blue flame into the flame effects at five different levels. Utilizing this effect simulates a gas fire effect. The blue effect can be turned off to provide a more classic yellow/orange burning effect.
The surrounding ambient side lighting effect has 2 colors amber and blue and 5 different settings/combinations: Blue| Amber| Blue and Amber | Cycle the colors | Off. The fireplace can be operated without the sidelights – they can be turned off.
You should not have to worry about changing light-bulbs as they are LED, energy saving and have an estimated lifespan of 100,000 hours.
Classic Flame Heater Functions
How big a room does it heat?
The manufacturer claims this fireplace heater will adequately heat a 1000 ft.² room. The specifications for this fireplace are similar to other manufacturer’s models who claim to heat 400 ft.².
This manufacturer backs up the claim of 1,000 square foot heating capacity that claim by an independent testing lab constructing room roughly 32 feet high 32 feet with 8 foot ceiling. The independent lab “ test results substantiate the claim that Twin-Star’s 1,500 Watt, InfraRed Heaters raised a 1,000 square foot room on average 8.3 degrees and were able to maintain the increased temperature throughout the 24 hour test period. (Yes some a little bit of a geek I actually read the whole report ).
So, if the room started at 60°F the heater would raise the temperature to 68.3° and maintain it. To me, that is just taking the chill off a room. Placed in a smaller room, you have real good heat.
The difference appears to be the patented ‘InfraRed Quartz Technology’. It was difficult to verify whether this is true infrared heat or some hybrid approach. I contacted a manufacturer’s distributor and here’s how they answered my question:
“The quartz infrared heating technology creates a soft, moist heat while maintaining a cool-to-the-touch surface. It does have a blower. It provides supplemental heat up to 1000 sq. ft. The conventional fan forced air units provide supplemental heat up to 400 sq. ft.”
So leaving the techno-geek stuff behind, let’s move on.
The heating element and fan blows the heat out of the front of the unit just above the LED control screen. It blows the heat forward and slightly downward. So mounting a TV set above the fireplace should be no problem.
It has a thermostatic control that can be set to exact temperature. There is also a timer function they can be set from 30 minutes up to nine hours, which is really handy for preheating a room. The fireplace flame and fire effects can be used without the heat being turned on. There were a few buyer complaints about the noise of the fan, but that is one of those subjective things.
Wall Mount Fireplace Suggestions
The following wall mounted electric fireplaces have been comprehensively reviewed at Cozy By The Fire. Just click on the text link to go to the review. Clicking on the images below will take you to Amazon for more information and today’s lowest discounted price.
- Comparison Of The 3 Best 50 Inch Wall Mounted Electric Fireplaces
- Onyx 50 Inch Wall Mount Fireplace. Available in Black or White.
- Azure Napoleon 50″ Electric Fireplace wall Mounted
- ClassicFlame Felicity 47″ Infrared Quartz wall Mount Electric Fireplace
Touchstone 80001 Onyx Wall Mounted Electric Fireplace, 50 Inch Wide, Logset & CrystalNapoleon EFL50H Linear Wall Mount Electric Fireplace, 50-InchClassicFlame 47II100GRG Felicity 47 Infrared quartz Electric Fireplace
Does it have a full function remote control?
This unit does come with a multi-function remote control with 2 AAA batteries included. You have full control of all the features including the thermostat, heater and lights. This remote control has good range don’t have to be up close to the fireplace or pointed directly at it to have it work.
- On/Off switch
- Thermostat – these settings controlled by up and down arrow buttons and are scaled from 62°F to 82°F. There is also a Centigrade scale.
- Up-lights – controls the lights that shine on the logs (blue, white, blue/white, and cycling between the 2, blue to white.
- Flame control- 6 brightness levels of the flames.
- Sidelights – controls the ambient light shining out to the side (blue, amber ,amber/blue, auto-cycling amber to blue, and Off).
- Timer – ten incremental timer settings to shut off the fireplace (30 minutes, Hours = 1 to 9 and off).
- The power cord is a three pronged plug that is 6 feet long.
We, and every manufacturer, recommends not using an extension cord or power strip. If you do use an extension cord it must be heavy gauge wire capable of handling more than 12.5 A and 1500 Watts.
Electric Fireplace Safety
This unit comes with an automatic shutoff safety feature. It also has patented “Safer Plug Fire Prevention Technology”. I had a devil of a time finding out exactly what that was: it’s technology to continuously monitors the temperature of the plug to prevent circuit, product image or an electrical fire.
As with almost all electric fireplaces the unit remains cool while functioning even with the heating function on. It may be a little warm right at the top of the event were the heat is discharged but certainly not enough to burn fingers.
The face and the tempered glass do not get hot; in that regard it is pet friendly and child safe. This unit is CSA (Canadian Standards Association International) certified safe This is the Canadian equivalent of being UL approved.
Click on this link for: a detailed look at electric fireplace safety practices, for even more information.
Setting Up – 4 Ways
Is assembly required?
We have some good news and bad news. The bad news is those dreaded words ‘some assembly required’ do apply with the ClassicFlame The good news is most people were able to assemble the fireplace, and have it functioning, in anywhere from 20 minutes to 60 minutes. A helper, though not absolutely necessary, is recommended as the unit is a little bulky and heavy.
We have examined the assembly manual. The parts are very clearly labeled and the diagrams are very clear. The basic assembly consists of inserting your chosen media, crystal stones or the log set into the heater box, attaching the front glass plate to the heater box. The only tool needed here is a Phillips head screwdriver. Further assembly depends on how you choose to use or mount your electric fireplace heater.
If you choose to use the stand that comes with it, you will simply attach the base to the fireplace, and the stand to the base. This is simply a matter of screwing in the appropriate screws with a Phillips head screwdriver.
Should you choose to hang the fireplace on the wall, the process is simply to first attach the bracket to the wall using the anchors and screws. Secondly, you then hang the firebox and display assembly on the wall mount. Tools needed for a wall mount installation are a Phillips head screwdriver, an electric drill, a level and a hammer. It is almost the same as hanging a heavy picture – not hard at all. Check out: How to Install a Wall Mounted Fireplace
If you are opting for a flush mount installation or are going to install the fireplace custom furniture, the preparations are more complex. Be aware that the electric fireplace insert is wide enough that you will be cutting through wall studs and have to create headers to support the load. This may be a bit beyond the skills of the average homeowner, but a simple job for a carpenter or handyman.
Tools Needed: Phillips (star) tip screwdriver ( for stand mount). For wall mount add – hammer, level and electric drill.
Cost Of Operation
In calculating the cost of operation we are giving you an estimate, a ballpark ide of what it will cost to run an electric fireplace.
Generally, if you operate the fireplace in flame effect only mode and it runs with incandescent, candelabra bulbs it will cost about $.02 (2 cents) per hour to operate. If the electric fireplace uses LED lighting the cost to operate can be even lower, about $01/hour to use.
To operate on flame only mode I estimate it should cost about 1 cent per hour. That is the cost calculated of incandescent bulbs, these LED lights are more efficient. So, using the flame effects mode and assuming 5 hours use each and every night it would add about $1.50 per month to your electric bill.
For a 1500 watt fireplace operating on high heat and using the flame effects the cost is about $.15/hour. So if you operate in heat and flame mode it will cost about $.15 per hour. So, running the unit every night for 5 hours would add $22.50 to your electric bill for the month. The 2 variables that will greatly affect your actual cost are how long you run the unit each month, and the cost of electricity in your state.
If you would like to get more precise to estimate your costs visit the 2 sites listed below to calculate costs more accurately:
- The first site will show you your states energy cost per KWH or you can get it off of your electric bill (use residential column).
- Then visit the quick calculator at the second site site and use this calculator to your determine your cost:
Click Here to determine: Your states energy cost.
Click Here for the Cost Calculator
Values= 80 watts flame only, 1500 watts heat + flame, fill in your states KWH cost, hours used and generate results.
There are 2 sets of dimensions depending on type of set up. The first given below is if you set it up utilizing the stand provided. The second set if utilized as a wall hung, flush mount, or inserted into a surround.
Using the stand:
- Overall Height – Top to Bottom: 23.25 inches
- Overall Width – Side to Side: 36 inches
- Overall Depth – Front to Back: 10.25 inches
All other applications:
- Overall Height – Top to Bottom: 19.75 inches
- Overall Width – Side to Side: 36 inches
- Overall Depth – Front to Back: 5 inches
- Overall Product Weight: 50.2 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 59 lbs
- Volts: 120
- Amps: 12.5
- Watts: 1500
- BTUs: 5200
There are 3 accessories you may want to consider, the first for added functionality, the second for added aesthetics and pleasure.
1. Consider Electrical Socket Protection. Safer Socket has five tiny thermostats strategically placed inside the unit monitor the temperature of the plug to make sure it is operating at a safe temperature. Should there be a rise in plug temperature which could lead to an electrical fire, Safer Socket will automatically shut off the device. Click on Image below for Safer Socket.
2. Add Fire Crackle Sound. The sound effect of fire crackling is only available on very high end fireplaces, but we have you covered. For about $30 you can add this sound machine, The box is about 2 1/2 ” x 3″ and can attach to the fireplace out of sight. Click on Image below for Fire Crackler Sound System.
3. Wire Covers. Wires and cables dangling from your electric fireplace can really detract from the effect? This Cord Cover Kit makes it a snap to hide wires. It’s very easy to install and can be painted to blend seamlessly into any wall.
Pros and Cons
I believe the pros far outweigh the cons, but here is a bullet point presentation of the high and low notes:
- Flame effects produced are very attractive, whether you like realism or special effects.
- Plenty of variable settings for intensity and colors on the flames.
- Heater is stronger than most and uses a hybrid infrared technology.
- Can be set up 4 ways: on a stand, wall hung, flush mount or as an insert in furniture or existing fireplace.
- This ClassicFlame product includes a 1 Year limited warranty.
- Easy and straight forward assembly.
- Some find it a little noisy.
- Is a somewhat heavy unit at 50 lbs. so mounting must secure. If set up on the stand, you may need help moving it from room to room.
- If wall hung consideration must be given to location of cord to power outlet and hiding it.
If you are looking for electric fireplace pros and cons in general: Click Here
There is very high praise for the Classic Flame 36II100GRG . The vast majority of ratings were 5 stars, a few 4 star ratings and only one 3 star rating, none lower .
NOTE: If you want to see even more proof of what a great value the Classic Flame wall hanging electric fireplace actually is, then we recommend clicking through on the link below to check out the exact star ratings and reading more buyer reviews:
This could be the fireplace for you if you are looking for a medium price electric fireplace with more lighting options than most, coupled with an increased heating capacity. The Classic Flame functions very well in three key areas:
- The flame effects are pleasant and have a great variety of settings.They can definitely set a variety of moods.
- It has an attractive design and great versatility in use.
- The heater functions much better than most.
On The Image Below For Current Price
Here Are More Electric Fireplace Options:
We hope you enjoyed our wall mounted electric fireplace review – Classic Flame Wall Mount Electric Fireplace Review Elysium 36II100GRG .
- Special flame effects
- Variable flame colors + intensity
- Hybrid infrared heater
- Versatile ways to set up
- A littly noisy
- Consider hiding power cord
- Heavy for wall mounting